Saturday, June 29, 2013

1860's Naval

Another project. This is is 1860's naval convict between two South American Imaginations: San Theodora and Nuevo Rico. Both have been buying ships from the USA post the American Civil War.
 

Here a an going Iron Clad, the San Andreas leads two Sloops out of harbour
The models are 1:600 from Thoroughbred Models. If you have been these in the pewter, they are very close to perfection. In fact I have had these for a year, but I have been too scared to paint them.

Anyway, I finally bit the bullet. The only way I could think of getting into the amazing detail out of these ships was to dip them. So that is what I did, before attaching the masts, dipped first the bow, and then aft, and then I prayed for a decent outcome. All in all I am content with the results.
Two Nuevo Rican sloops, the San Marco and the San Jacinto looking for commerce and looking for trouble

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! Do you intend to rig them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I though I would get the complete set painted, and then take a deep breath before doing any rigging

    ReplyDelete